Main information included in a student contract to rent a room
When formalizing a rental agreement, it is very important to sign a contract to write down all the conditions, agreements and information about the agreement. Without this document, in addition to operating outside the legal regulations, you could run into problems and disagreements that in some cases can lead to significant losses of money. At Barcelona Residencias Sardenya, being a residence and offering full board rates, our contracts are a bit different. However, from Pisos Estudiantes Barcelona, they have given us the following points that we want to share with you, so that you do not have any problems when formalizing an agreement of this type.
Ah! Remember that the signing of the contract should be an essential requirement to rent any of the rooms.
What are the typical clauses included in a contract?
For us it is extremely important to always operate in accordance with legal regulations and be transparent with our clients, therefore all the documentation sent to formalize any rental has been reviewed by our legal team, trying to be clear and consistent with all the information collected.
Contracts normally include the following sections, which are usually present in most agreements of this type:
- Information about the landlord, the tenant, and basic data that should appear in any contract and agreement.
- Contract period.
- Amount to deposit as a deposit or surety.
- Monthly amount to pay / Monthly rent.
- Expenses associated with signing the contract.
- Supplies (are they included? With which companies? Which ones?).
- Part of the house that is rented, normally a room, but with use and enjoyment of the common areas.
- Prohibition of subletting the property or rooms.
- Maintenance and repairs - in our case it is the responsibility of the property if it is due to wear and tear and habitual use, but in charge of the tenant if it is due to misuse.
- House Rules.